Wednesday, November 19, 2008

reflections from the chair

I went to the dentist this morning and in the words of the dentist "there will be no FUN today." Of course he was talking about "fun" for him and not for me. But here are my take-aways from the chair:
- A little discipline daily (flossing, brushing) can save you from a lot of pain.
- I had to constantly remind myself to relax and quit flexing every muscle in my body. Life is better when I'm relaxed.
- Regular check-ups can help be pro-active. They can identify issues and head them off before they get too bad, but it requires frequent reality checks.
- It's never as bad as I think it is going to be. In life whether it's a conversation that needs to be had, or something I have to do, once it's over, I almost always say, It wasn't as bad as I thought.
- I hate the sound of "THE DRILL!" I'm just glad it was next door.

No comments: