Sunday, November 2, 2008

i met my brother this weekend


My dad, my two brothers and myself have an incredible relationship of love, deep respect and honor. So much so (Full disclosure) that we all have the same tattoo on our back right shoulder. We designed it ourselves and all got them while in college. To us though, they are not a mere tattoo, but a symbol of what our relationship means to each other. Since the inception of the "brotherhood," we have "grafted" in 3 other guys. (Calvin, Gary Fowler and Rhett) This is the same symbol my boys will all get when they go through their "rite of passage" at 18yrs old. Anyways, at Shane's wedding I met his "Army Ranger" brother Rhett, who now bares the symbol. As we left, we put our hand on the other guys shoulder and said "Brother to Brother, Yours in Life and Death." Just knowing that my brother Shane, thinks of him as a brother, now makes him a brother to me.

No comments: