Friday, May 2, 2008

Prepare not to fail

I shared a line I read somewhere, to a bunch of guys in a leadership class that said, "Many husbands have never cheated on their spouse, only because they've never had the opportunity." It was one of those "make you think statements", that hopefully lead to some soul searching. Not only that, but to think through how much as a husband, we have to lose and how to prepare NOT TO FAIL. Many times, it's not that we plan TO FAIL, but we don't plan NOT TO FAIL. So for me, I want to put safeguards in place to protect myself, my family and the name of Jesus for which I represent. My wife and I have discussed this and I'm totally open to her coming to me if her "woman's intuition" kicks in about any woman she feels is crossing a line with me. Also, I have someone whom I could and would share, for their opinion if I started to sense something. Finally, by doing my best to guard my thought life. My God and my family are the most important things to me on this Earth and I want to protect them at all costs. Just thought I would share my heart!

1 comment:

Dave Kidd said...

Great Post! I imagine the statement did, indeed, create one of those honest moments. You've given every man something to think about and plan to avoid.