Thursday, May 15, 2008

16 No's


Yesterday, I was ratified at the District Council as the Central Section Presbyter. Ratifying is really just a token vote where the whole voting body (several hundred) votes "yes" or "no" on the decision the individual section has made. All of the 6 names received at least one "no", but mine was slightly the highest with 16. So I am a WINNER! Anyway, could it have been because I am the youngest, or just beginning as a new lead pastor? Could it be that I have made someone mad or perhaps it was someone playing a joke? I can say, that in the past it would have bothered me probably more than it should have. Today though, I can honestly say, I have grown out of much of my "approval addiction." The only approval I need is God's, and when I'm doing my best to hear HIS voice and follow it, I must run the course regardless of what others say or think. Who's approval are you seeking?

6 comments:

Ryan Day said...

Approval addiction - it's a hard one to kick! Great post. It was great to hang out w/ you @ ODC. I miss the community we all had...

FYI - I voted yes for you!

Unknown said...

it may not have bothered you but if I find those 16 people- let's just say I see a sock full of nickels in thier future... I got your back!

Andy Warren said...

Konan...great hanging out with you and glad to see the positive twist on the no's. BTW - Gary and I are searching for the names and will make sure they vote YES next time...ha

Konan Stephens said...

thanks for the support....and approval...ha

Dave Kidd said...

Great post, man! Talk about a common battle! Wise words, much needed and certainly heeded.

Great to see you.

dearabby said...

Love the post. I find myself asking if the no's were changed to yes, would it detract from God's plan? I don't know. I do know that I admire your courage and commitment. Keep planting, growing and doing great things for Picktown.