Friday, May 30, 2008

passing of a man of God

In a day where ministers and leaders fall constantly due to moral issues and breeches of integrity, there are a few that live their entire lives staying true. An incredible man of integrity and strength, Rev. Jay Alfred of Youngstown, passed away this week. He lived a long life, with much influence in those who knew him and many who did not. His funeral is tomorrow. Here are a couple of my thoughts:
- It's not so much what is said at the funeral, as who shows up.
- It's not what he said in life, as much as what he did.
- It's not who he wanted to be, but who he became.
In a culture where only 10 percent of ministers will finish well, he is a beacon of inspiration. I knew of him, more than I knew him. But I can tell you this, his reputation was well known and well respected. Today, I give honor where it is due and want to thank the Lord for Godly men like Jay Alfred. He made a difference in this world through his obedience.

No comments: