Monday, April 23, 2007

My Nana

Late Saturday night I was on my way home from playing some "blugrass/southern gospel ish" music with my family band in Canton Ohio, when I stopped by to see my Nana (grandmother). She has been diagnosed with cancer that is well along in it's stages. We had one of those conversations that I will carry through my lifetime. I am sooo grateful to have grandparents that chose to serve God and passed it on to my father, and now to me and on to my kids. When I think of how her life has affected mine, I thank the Lord and Saturday was able to thank her. In that conversation she spoke "life" over me and told me how proud she was and that she always knew that God was going to use me. It was truly a humbling experience. As I hugged her neck and began my drive home, I had time to reflect on what was said. Life is all about relationships. The most important things in life aren't things, but people. I'm very thankful for those who have given me a foundation from which to build my life on. Nana is one of them. She has always been one of those "pillars" in my life that I always knew was available for me and an endless well of love for her oldest grandson. My prayer is that I can now use my life to invest in others as she has invested in mine.
- I love you Nana

No comments: