Friday, April 27, 2007

losing sight of the shore


Andre Gide said "One doesn't discover new lands, without losing sight of the shore." How true and frightening is that statement? Losing sight of the shore means you are leaving your safety net of "even if God doesn't show, I can still save my self." What if all Christians followed what they believed God was calling them to? Out into the unchartered waters of faith? The place where God moves on our behalf because He sees our heart and trust in Him, our Father. I think of my boys and little girl. If as a dad I see them doing something that is daring and potentially dangerous, I react. What if we operated in that gung ho attitude, rather than our normal defensive Christian posture? Maybe, just maybe we could change the world.

God help me to keep YOU on YOUR toes.......well....or at least try!

2 comments:

Andy Warren said...

Konan...I'm heading down to C3 in the morning...looking forward to spending some time with you and Gary...Andy Warren

Konan Stephens said...

Had a great time this past weekend my friend. We were honored to have you here my friend.
Konan