Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Family Fun Night rocked!

It went great! We had between 300 - 400 people show up to spend the evening with their families. Kids were bouncing on inflatables, people were devouring hot dogs and their were several smiling kids eating ice-cream. The weather was 70 degrees and sunny and our people did amazing. I love being a part of a church where the majority are involved in serving those around them. It was a huge win for Pickerington and our church! I had some great conversations with several people who said they have been looking for a church. It is amazing that when outside guests see Christians living what they believe, they become intrigued. We as a church are striving to "live out loud".

3 comments:

Journey 35 said...

Hi Konan, we attended the family night last night and being an "outsider" to your church, it says a lot about what you guys stand for in regards to community.

My wife and I had an opportunity to visit C3 on Sunday. Your talk about tragedy and how we handle it really struck me. I lost my grandfather a couple of weeks ago and it has been hard. God is giving me a peace that surpasses all understanding, but I still miss him a lot. Your sermon helped me, thank you.

You guys have good things going on, definitely a God thing happening here.

Be Blessed!

Konan Stephens said...

Alex, thanks for your kind words. I will pray for you today for God to continue to give you peace. Make it a great day!

Ryan Day said...

Konan!
That's amazing! I love hearing what's going on up there! We need to get together soon!