Monday, April 16, 2007

Half Marathon


I ran the Columbus La Salle Bank half marathon on Saturday and am still feeling it on Monday. I placed 42nd out of around 3,500 finishers with a time of 1hr and 28minutes for 13.1 miles. It was a great time! The winners actually tied, which is almost unheard of with the new digital chip timing. Crazy! Running a race of that distance is all about being able to read your body and adjusting in order to run the distance as fast as possible. So many variables with prior training, weather, distance, pace, etc. There were several people who started off way too fast, that began to fade after a few miles never to recover. Really, that is kind of like life. I personally want to live in such a way to get as much as I can out of it. It comes down to balancing family, friends, church, staying close with God, my own personal health, etc. If I get out of balance, something or someone suffers. So in the race of life, are you living balanced? A better question may be: How much longer can you continue to run this current pace?

No comments: