Friday, April 6, 2007

Back to the basics


Today I am back in the coffee shop where I spent most of my days as my office before we got internet in the church. Now that we are online, hired Gary and brought in a couple of interns, I pretty much spend most of my days in the church. This is good and bad. Good in that I can give some direction and get some stuff done, but bad in the fact that I am not out among the people of Pickerington whom God has called me to reach. It almost felt good to walk in and here the person behind the counter call me by name. I then began to dialog and pick up where we left off. If you look at the life of Jesus, He spent more time at the well's and the market places than He did in the synagogue. Today, our "wells", are the coffee houses and the mall's. I personally want to spend time there dialoging with people. Lord help me never to lose touch with those You have called me to reach. Sooo, from Cup O Joe in Picktown....this is Konan signing off.

1 comment:

dearabby said...

Some really smart guy once said that to love God is to love people.. Thanks for keeping it real!