Saturday, May 23, 2009

fun while it lasted

Today, I ran in a duathlon which consisted of a 2mile run/13mile bike/3.1 mile run. There were around 100 in the race and it was a lot of pain...i mean fun. There was even a pro in the race! We took off on the first 2 mile run and I found myself in the lead pack and feeling good. I ran into the transition area in 2nd place, right behind the pro. My strength in these races is not the bike or run...but the "transition." I flew through the transition and jumped on my bike and took off in 1st place! I'm winning and beating the pro......that is until he jumped on his bike that is worth more than my car. I heard a sound like that of a smooth flying space ship.....and boom, he flew passed me. But..it was fun while it lasted! Oh yeah, I got passed by 6 other guys on the bike, but caught 2 of them back on the last run. I'm a little sore, but am reveling in the fact that I had a glimpse of racing with the ELITE!..........of course, it's not how you start the race, it's how you finish.

No comments: