Thursday, July 3, 2008

Word

I love it when God confirms something in my heart and spirit. Today, while leaving the coffee shop I frequently visit, I met a man who gave me a Word. I could sense that He was a man of God, when I shook his hand. He then said, "God just gave me a Word for you." He then began to "read my mail" and challenged me with a few things that I had been seeking God for. What he had to say was right on and was truly an encouragement to me. I will say, that I never just receive something spoken over me until I have "tested" it. Does it line up with God's Word, with the person of Jesus Christ? Does it bear witness with my heart and spirit? We are all imperfect people, sometimes our "flesh" can get in the way and a word can be more from us then from God. This is why it is the responsibility of the one receiving a Word, to test it.

No comments: