Friday, July 18, 2008

Camp

I love camp. Camp is a place where kids are forced to step away from the internet, texting, IM, facebook, myspace, youtube, video games, ipods, cell phones.....you get my drift. They walk away from a lot of noise and begin to hear God speak in their lives. This week God showed up huge! Wednesday night, I didn't even speak but went straight into the altar time. I love to see a kid get touched by God. There were a ton of testimonies of the cool things God did. I used to get real nervous before I would speak at a camp or convention. I have found the spiritual attack ramps up some as well. Once, I was behind the stage about to go up to speak and feeling inadequate. That what I had prepared wasn't that great and that there are several other "better" speakers. That's when God reminded me that I'm only the servant, and am responsible for only what I can do. God is the one who draws people to Himself, and He is responsible for the fruit. I never want to forget that I'm just the servant!

2 comments:

Haley said...

Hey, I'm Haley- we've never met, but I stumbled across your blog a while back through someone else's. I was a camper at the penndel camp you spoke at last year, and the lessons God taught me that week have been very, uh, "needed" I guess, in the past year and probably will be for a really long time. In fact, God brings me back to the sermon notes all the time! So thank you very much for spending the time and energy to serve at our camp last year.

Konan Stephens said...

haley,
Thanks for posting the encouraging words. I believe that you can live as a follower of Jesus, but even more importantly Jesus does. Stay connected to Him.