Sunday, July 27, 2008

2 questions


I learned that the ancient Egyptians believed that your eternity would be decided on how you answered 2 questions at the end of your life. #1. Did you find JOY while on the Earth? #2. Did SOMEONE ELSE find joy because of you? Yesterday afternoon (after a hot air balloon ride w/my kids...way cool), I slowed down and chilled in a lawn chair in the backyard and just watched my 3 kids play in a small blue swimming pool. I allowed joy to fill my heart as I began to tell God how grateful I am for all that HE has given me. I have found Joy in my life and want to make it a point to be a person that helps others find joy as well. My prayer is that all that I do point to the giver of JOY, Jesus Christ.

(Can you guess the movie where I learned about the 2 Egyptian questions?

5 comments:

Nightshade said...

I'm guessing Prince of Egypt as your source.

2 questions reminds me of:
"A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different, because I was important in the life of a boy."
-- Forest Witcraft Scouting magazine, October 1950.

Nightshade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shawna said...

The Bucket List! Yeaaah! It's a great, heartwarming movie.

Josh and I just started attending C3 (we're the big comic book/movie nerds), and I've been checking out your blog recently.

Kelly was great, btw. She's a very compassionate speaker. Have a safe and wonderful trip, and we'll see ya on Sunday.

~Shawna

Konan Stephens said...

The Bucket List is the correct answer.

Konan Stephens said...

The Bucket List is the correct answer.
Also, we are honored to have you and Josh as a part of C3!