Thursday, March 31, 2011

addition vs. multiplication

I'm reading a great book entitled, "Viral Churches" that is challenging my thinking. Do we have an addition mentality or a multiplication mentality? Addition to the Kingdom of God is good, but multiplication is better. Right now people come to C3 and are loved to the LifeChanging power of Jesus Christ. That is great! BUT, how many people are we having then go out and lead someone else to Jesus and walk with them as they are discipled? I wish I could say a lot, but I can't. We must become a church that raises up disciple makers who raise up disciple makers who raise up disciple makers. My job as a pastor, is to raise up other pastors who do the same thing. Our job as a church is to reproduce other churches. My job as a disciple of Jesus, is to raise up other disciples of Jesus. Cause truly, you are not mature, until you are able to reproduce.....man....I need to go pray.

No comments: