Tuesday, March 22, 2011

More madness

This past weekend was crazy. Friday night I spoke in Kinsman Ohio at a youth rally and then my family and I stayed the night at my parents house. On Saturday night I spoke for my dad's churches "Volunteer Appreciation Night." We drove home late Saturday night and got up early for Sunday morning where I didn't speak but did lead worship. Then later that day I did pre-marriage counseling, a baptism class and led a prayer service. Then took Monday and spent the day with my wife and then when the kids got out of school I took them on an adventure through the woods.
I love to live life and ministry in high gear, but I am also learning how to rest well. Just like my running, I have easy days, so I can run faster. I used to feel guilty about taking a day-off. Now I feel guilty if I don't. Life is all about ebb and flow. I'm learning to find my rhythm and stay there.

No comments: