Friday, March 12, 2010

question

This week I have been wrestling with the question I am talking about Sunday. We are doing a series entitled "Can you see Him?" and I want to take it a step farther and ask, "Do you want to see Him?" Think about it. When we want to find something, we go looking for it. When that something is very valuable, we will drop everything to find it. For many Americans, I think we all realize something is not right, but with our affluence, we are able to cover up or try to pacify our need for God with "things." Those things act like a pain killer, and keep us from never really dealing with the root of the problem, which is our need for God. I also know this, in America, we can almost always get what we want. If I want a nice car, I could have one. I would be in huge debt, but I could get it. If we truly wanted to see Jesus, we would....but we don't. We are too busy settling for distractions and in doing so, miss out on the real life that only Jesus Christ can bring.

No comments: