Friday, December 18, 2009

wrecking me

It's amazing how God directs me to the right book, at the right time, for where I am at and where I need to go. The book I am in right now is again "Primal" by Mark Batterson. This morning while reading, God was shaking me up a little. In the book, there were a couple of quotes that led me to prayer for my own life and for those in C3 Church.
- The Bible is not meant to be read reactively, but prayed proactively.
- The Bible is a way for God to initiate conversation with us.
- The goal of knowing the Bible is knowing God.
- Our problem is we learn more of the Bible and do less, thinking all the while that we're growing spiritually.
- We are translators of God's Word with the way we live our lives.

I must say this morning, I closed the book and got on my face. My heart is to allow God to speak to me through whatever means necessary....and right now God is using this book.

No comments: