Thursday, December 17, 2009

Primal

Reading the Book "Primal" by Mark Batterson and it is challenging my thinking in a few areas. Here are some great thoughts:
- Don't let what you cannot do, keep you from what you can do.
- Our lack of wonder, is really a lack of love.
- Anytime you put an adjective in front of the Gospel, you distort it.

The two that are changing the way I interact with the Bible are these:
- You will never outgrow your diet of scripture.
- Reading without meditating is like eating without digesting.

Personally, I read the Bible probably 360 days out of the year. It is a habit that I have had for a long time. But sometimes a habit can become just a habit and I never want my time in the Scripture to become an empty ritual. So for 2010, I am committing to read and meditate more. I am going to look at my weekly schedule and cut away times to focus deeper on His Word.

No comments: