Thursday, December 3, 2009

John G Lake

I'm reading a book right now on the life of John G. Lake. One word to describe it...powerful! His life is challenging my own walk with Jesus. This is such a greater anointing of God that we are not walking in. It is challenging me to evaluate my own life. Is Jesus truly my everything? I just talked with a guy who was in my youth group many moons ago and now is totally in love with Jesus. He literally sold EVERYTHING he owned and has only a backpack with 1 extra pair of clothes. He believes God has told him that he will bring the power of God to the homeless, but in order to do so, he must experience how they live. God is now supernaturally providing for his needs every step of the way.
I truly believe that there is so much more richness and power in Jesus that we in America are not walking in, myself included. God is beginning to stir something deep in my heart and soul...and I may just be crazy enough to believe that with His power we can change the world! The question is....who is willing to pay the price for it? I'm seriously searching my soul for the answer.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

i agree. I often think about different seasons of my life where I was laying down everything and wonder if I have slowly grown cold. Thanks for the challenge!