Tuesday, November 28, 2006

light sabers

My boys love stories! They may only be almost 3 and almost 6, but they can still appreciate a good story line. So i recently rented the Star Wars trilogy. These movies were truly out before their time. My boys watched in amazement as Luke and Vader battled with their light sabers. I had some great discussion on how Darth Vader went to the darkside by allowing his heart to turn bad through the decisions he made and the thoughts that he would think about. I actually think my oldest Kaden actually got it. I really enjoy passing on things I enjoyed as a kid on to my children. Really, I think that it is my priveledge and responsibility. I want to be intentional about what I pass on. Have you ever thought about what qualities you want your children to develop? Perhaps even writing them down and thinking through how to influence them in that direction or perhaps away "from the dark side" ........ Wow...I can almost hear Darth Vader breathing!

For Christmas, you had better believe that they are getting a couple of light sabers! Let the battles begin!!!!

No comments: