Monday, November 20, 2006

balance

My wife and I along with our teammates are 3 weeks into having just launched a church that God's favor is truly upon. But through all the hustle and bustle (wow, my first Christmas season jargon!) it is sometimes crazy to keep balance. Once I asked a mentor of mine, "I struggle sometimes with balance, how do you keep balanced in life?" He busted out a "Yoda-like" phrase....."The balance is found in the struggle". We discussed that since I was wrestling with this, it was actually a good sign. That balance with God/family/rest/church/friends/personally/etc, is never completely attained, but rather it is a constant struggle that must be readdressed continually. Since that converstation I have been able to put some guages in my life to keep me from red-lining (my wife being the biggest one). I also, have a growth plan where I put on paper what my ideal life would look like, as it pertains to where I spend my time. It is something to think about. Bob Biehl once spoke of a friend who was pondering on the question, "What is important?". He finally grasped the answer......."Less and less." Think about that today as Thanksgiving approaches. What is really important and are you focused on those things? So remember young padowon..."The balance is found in the struggle"

No comments: