Friday, November 24, 2006

The latest craze

Thanksgiving, what a wonderful day where we consume so much food we can barely walk. I started my day off with a 5 mile road race in which I placed in the top 50 out of over 3,000. That part was OK, but there was one she-woman that beat me (ouch). Anyway, knowing that I had burned a thousand calories that morning, eliminated any guilt that could of come from the consumption. We also took our little family to join the bigger family where some bluegrass music, alot of food, some laughs and "corn-hole" ensued. That's right.....corn-hole, the craze that is sweeping the nation. Someone said it originated out of Cincinatti and now is all over college campuses and taligate parties. (And since Ohio is Buckeye country, we know how to tailgate...and riot)) Anyway this game is like horseshoes but you are throwing a bean bag (filled with corn) through a slanted board with a hole in it. Simple, yet profound and definetely addictive. My brother Josh and I finished 2nd in the Stephens family corn-hole tourny.....and yes I was once again beat by those of the female persuasion. The lesson I learned......had I been corn fed....like the cousins who beat us....we may have walked away champions. But still I am thankful, don't get me wrong!

No comments: