Monday, June 3, 2013

What's wrong?

Saturday I ran a 5k as I normally do on occasion.  The only thing was I ran slower than I have run in 20 years, but felt like I was working harder.  I still placed 2nd, but I would normally have beat the winning guy by close to a minute.  I walked away scratching my head.  Could it be:
- I'm just plain getting old?
- I've just had my yellow fever, polio, typhoid, tetanus and"hepatitis  "A" shots a couple days ago for Kenya?
- I just had a bad day?
- I'm going bald?

I got home and explained what happened to my wife who posed a very tough question.  "Would you still run if you couldn't win anymore?"  Ouch!  After much thought, I guess my answer would be - NO.  If that were the case, I would try to find something else I could compete at and win.  My answer kind of shocked me and revealed alot about myself.  I'm running another 5k this Saturday and will hopefully bounce back.  If not, I guess I will be looking for a new hobby.  lol.

No comments: