Monday, June 24, 2013

Kenya

I just got back from Kenya with the 2nd out of 3 teams from C3.  Every year, we help plant a new church overseas.  C3'ers gave $10,000 to build a new steel building in partnership with a strong local church there that has already planted 2 other churches as well as raising up their own pastors.  I am so proud of our people who gave and for those who went truly served the people of Kenya.  It was an incredible experience.
On a side note, the missionaries set up a surprise day for me.  I got up to run one morning and they took me to a different place to run.  That is when Wesley Korir (2012 Boston Marathon Winner) came out of the house and ran 7.5 miles with me.  It was an in credible privilege and honor to run with the Kenyan champion.  He is an incredible guy and a believer as well.  It was all I could do to keep up...lol.  God is good!

No comments: