Thursday, January 31, 2013

shift

God is doing something incredible in and through our church.  People are coming to Jesus, this year we are planting 5 churches, we are busting out of our building, hiring new staff and looking toward what is next.  It's a lot and I am beginning to feel the weight.  Now don't get me wrong, I am loving it, as this is what I dream about.  I also realize that I must again shift my schedule, leadership, family life, personal time, prayer time, etc, to meet these new demands.  Shifting requires me to let things go, assess what is truly important and put my efforts there.  This is tough, but needs to happen.  I have had to do this before as our church has grown, kids have grown, and have gotten more responsibility.  If I don't shift, I will redline and eventually burnout.  Do you need to shift?

1 comment:

Crystal Lowe said...

Great Word we have to be aware of the current status and what needs to take place in order to move forward. Letting go simply means that what was has served it's purpose and as all of life the cycle requires a constant flow of adding and taking away . Good job as always you inspire me.