Saturday, April 3, 2010

proud dad

We did do one more egg hunt today. It was mass hysteria! Having organized and run big events in the past, I knew what was about to happen when they said GO! Sure enough, it happened. I literally lost my 6 year old for 10 minutes, but my kids had a blast. I grabbed my 4yr old Kali and we sprinted out of bounds to come in the other way and she filled her basket to overflowing! Afterward, I was a proud dad to see her looking in other kids baskets and then giving her eggs away to at least 3-4 other little kids who had gotten nothing. She gave away half of her eggs. Other parents couldn't believe it. I told her that she made Jesus smile!
Also, I placed 3rd in the 5k in a time of 17:19. I am encouraged though that I am faster at the beginning of this race season, then I was at the end of last years.

No comments: