Tuesday, April 20, 2010

painfully incredible

Wow! What an incredible experience to run in the Boston Marathon. With well over 27,000 runners, I placed 4,232, in a time of 3hr 18min. I hit the wall with 4 miles to go and slowed down considerably, but gutted it out regardless to finish. As I crossed the line, I could barley stand up but after eating and drinking something, I soon regained my composure.
The fan base there is mind blowing! The Boston Athletic Association puts on an incredible race. I will have these memories for a lifetime. It was a life goal to qualify for and then run the Boston Marathon. I now have the medal and have conquered the course, although right now I feel like it has conquered me...ha. I have a hard time walking and will move a little slower for the next few days...but the pride, lasts longer than the pain.