Wednesday, January 13, 2010

not prepared

This morning I ran with a couple of friends for over 2 hours in the 6-8 degrees. By the time we had finished our eye lashes literally had ice hanging off of the them as well as our hats were covered with ice. I have ran in the cold, but never that far. I was comfortable, except for my fingers. The gloves I had were not thick enough, even with my sleeves pulled over them. I literally ran with my hands in my pockets for several miles. When I got home, I was a little scared looking at my pale white fingers. I have had numb fingers many times, but never quite as cold as today. All is good, but I will not be unprepared again when it comes to gloves. It is amazing the difference being prepared makes. You can be so much more effective or a whole lot more than you should have, and it all comes down to being prepared. Are you prepared?

No comments: