Friday, January 8, 2010

brand

This morning while running 15 miles on a treadmill (painful) it gave me plenty of time to listen to some podcasts. As I listened to several different pastors preach, I began to notice that they are all giving a different "brand" of Jesus. Some preach all judgment, while others grace, prosperity or faith. The truth is, EVERYONE on the face of the planet has a limited and incomplete picture of the depth of God. Personally, the closer I get to Jesus, the more I realize how much I don't know of Him. I'm so glad we have the Bible which is full of Truth and understanding of God, and Holy Spirit is much needed to help me grasp that truth in depth.
This whole thought has led me to ask myself, what "brand" of Jesus am I preaching? Maybe the better question is, how small is the box that I try to put God in when I try to describe HIM? Better yet, what "brand" of Jesus am I living daily? For what I am living, is truly what I believe.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I say GET RID OF THE BOX!!!! Proverbs 3:5,6.....