Thursday, April 30, 2009

rows 13 - 18


I just have to blog about this.....so I'm on the plane to Jamaica as the stewardess is passing out the drinks, cookies and peanuts....that is until she gets to me. I asked for some peanuts and she said that she couldn't give them to me because I was between rows 13 - 18. I smiled and was trying to find the "hidden" camera. I asked why, and she told me that there was someone with a peanut allergy in those rows. Now I'm cool with not wanting anybody to get hurt, but this wouldn't even have been a thought 15 years ago. It had me thinking about where is the line when it comes to protecting one persons rights, but in order to do so, you have to infringe on another persons? I know ministers in Canada were trying to be told what they "couldn't" say from the pulpit, because it infringes on an others beliefs. We have freedom in America ONLY because it was based upon God's law and freedom that comes from being a Christian nation. You don't have that going to an Islamic, Hindu, Communist, etc, nation. As we continue to water that down, I worry about the outcome.
I have no clue how I ended up here....by just talking about peanuts....anyway, make it a great day!

1 comment:

Nightshade said...

As the saying goes, "My right to self expression ends where my fist ends and your nose begins." I think this concept gets lost. We have an explicit right in the Constitution to free speech anf equal protection under the law. If that is true, what is with all of these new "hate crimes" bills? We're all equal so enforce the laws on the books. No one should be getting special protection as we all should be protected equally.