Thursday, November 29, 2007

Stephens don't quit


We got this saying within our family that was passed down from my dad to me, and now to my kids. My little 3 year old boy Kross modeled it perfect the other day when asked about his last name. He said "Stephens and Stephens don't quit!" There are times when they want to quit and I'll say "What is your last name boy?"
I think with this whole complaint free challenge, many of us are now at the point where the "shine has worn off." It is now moving from funny to...this is tough. But this is where the old habits are being broken and new one's are being formed. In this season of change, many people bail out....but not you. So, in the words of the great Winston Churchill in his real life 5 word graduation speech, "Never, never, never, give up!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree that people will probably give up before they accomplish the 21 days.

I always tell my girls "there ain't no quit in you!"

Thanks for the challenge. At least you and I won't quit...

kimba said...

We have 2 mottos we live by here...my little one would tell you first "We're the Nut family...Wal-nut, Hazel-nut and Peanut"....but the other one is "No matter what, Jesus!" If you think about it...it fits! (At least to those of us who are "nuts!") We're with you on this...although the wrists are hurting from the "slappin'" back and forth!!!

Konan Stephens said...

Kimba,
I like it. You gotta have motto's