Monday, November 5, 2007

Ed Young yo!

It's not who ya know....it's who knows you. Today, (Thanks to Joshua Fischer, Bible College Prez of World Harvest, who knew me from my Ohio Youth Dir. days) invited us in the green room to meet Ed Young and his wife. I was impressed to see that he was the same guy behind the door as he was on the stage. God is using him HUGE and myself & staff gleaned some good stuff from him over these couple of days of his speaking. World Harvest also has an incredibly sharp team and I pray they continue to blow it up for the Kingdom of God.

Side bar - I have talked with many ministers, usually younger, who bad mouth other ministries and pastors. I feel the root of this negativity is "jealousy" and perhaps some "pride". I personally just want to remain humble before God and celebrate other Christian leaders success. It's not about my "empire" but about HIS "KINGDOM". Can I get a witness?

2 comments:

chilly said...

Amen.

I was with Jeff Kennedy this weekend assisting with Michigan Youth Convention - awesome time! We're really looking forward to having you minister next year!!

I totally hear you on the negativity crap - I've been the target of some hurtful stuff over the years. But, God is faithful & loves me - time allows character to triumph... thanks for the reminder and challenge. Well received...

Pastor Josh said...

I give you a witness... World Harvest has really done some "fishing" in the pond in Columbus. If every pastor who has received any fish from there would be thankful... imagine how many more fish would come...