Thursday, January 23, 2014

Worship

This morning I was reading in Isaiah 66 in the Message version and it was talking about worship.  In vs. 1 God says how heaven is His throne and Earth is His footstool.  Then in vs. 2 God says what He is looking for:  "a person simple and plain, reverently responsive to what I say."  The NIV says it like: "he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my Word."

I want to be that person.  A person who humbly walks with His God and who is always listening and responding in obedience to God.  It sounds so simple, but yet I, like all of us wrestle to actually do that.

Later in the Chapter 66 we see where God is not accepting their worship cause it was all about them.  It caused me to look at my own worship of God.  First, are we worshiping God?  Secondly, what kind of worship are we bringing Him?  What does YOUR worship look like to God?

No comments: