Tuesday, December 20, 2011

notes from Hope Matheny

This morning in our C3LI (Leadership Institute, or pastors in training) we had Hope Matheny who has served in leadership at C3 since the beginning. She is an amazing woman of God and a business woman as well. Here are some of my takeaways from her teaching on Conflict Resolution.
- Division/Conflict is a spiritual battle and must be approached, prayed through and treated as such.
- Everyone walks in with their view of the truth...even if skewed.
- If there is conflict, it is due to either fear or pride.
- Chase the truth fiercely.
- To deal with conflict effectively, we have to deal with our own hindering issues first.
- I have no right to anger within a conflict.
- I must guard against myself trying to control the situation and must rather seek God's Will in the circumstance.
- I must be aware to the fact that the enemy may be using me to bring or contribute to the conflict.

No comments: