Friday, November 25, 2011

craziest race

I forgot to blog about this, but I really have to. Last Saturday I ran the toughmudder.com in Indiana. It was the craziest race I have ever been a part of. 40 degrees and 20 mph winds didn't help any. The race was 10 miles through the badlands of huge hills that were made out of a sandy gravel. The obstacles were everything from going underwater and under a wall in a huge container full of ice water to army crawling in tunnels, to carrying a log on your shoulder for 1/4 mile. Others were the huge walls you had to scale, the cargo nets, the mile of waist high freezing swamp water and their signature electric shock with hundreds of charged wires that you had to run through. It was very tough and I still don't have complete feeling in one of the ends of my fingers. (perhaps some frost bite) I ran in the elite heat and placed second. I will say this, you never truly know who you are until you have pushed yourself to your limits. For it is then, that you see who or what you really are.

No comments: