Wednesday, October 12, 2011

heart

I'm reading a book right now that is smacking me in the nose and I can't wait to digest it, pray through it and then share it with my church. It's called "the Blessed Life" by Robert Morris. It is the best book on generosity that I have ever read and God is using it to change my life. I'm only halfway through it but here are a couple great quotes or ideas:
- How you respond to God's blessing on someone else, reveals the condition of your heart.
- Tithing is not really giving, it's returning.
- Tithing is a test.
- If something is wrong under the Law...can it be right under Grace?
- The first fruits are the "trigger for the blessing"
- Money is neutral, it's a tool and a test.
- It's not about money...it's about our hearts
- How much of a grip does money have on our lives?

1 comment:

Pastor Joe said...

I have the video teaching series if you would like to borrow it. It really helped shape our people in giving!