Tuesday, October 11, 2011

confession

My name is Konan Stephens and God has delivered me...today...from a poverty mentality. A poverty mentality causes us to be ashamed of the blessings of God. It associates "wealth" as coming from the devil. My Keri and I are givers. Always have been and always plan to be. Because of this, we live a very blessed life. I would continually find myself making excuses for God's Blessing in my life. (I'm not talking about "prosperity" gospel..not even close) I have grown up in a culture that says Pastors should be poor and I have lived that way for years. From now on, God's blessings in my life will lead me to GRATITUDE and not shame. God's blessings are a by-product of being generous and I will do my best not to constantly make excuses for what God has blessed me with. God knows that material things don't have a hold on me. Honestly, if our house burned down tomorrow and we lost all our stuff...it wouldn't make me lose much sleep. All I have is HIS anyways and it's only on loan to me. I am grateful beyond measure to my God who has blessed me in EVERY way and I give HIM all the praise! I will from here on out...walk in my new freedom.

No comments: