Monday, July 18, 2011

video games

I listened to a podcast today about video games. I never thought of myself as a video gamer until a question was posed. Do I have any games on my phone and do I play them at least once a week?
Video games fly under the cultural radar but are huge shapers of it. Think of all countless hours that our kids are in front of the screen with the controller in their hands. Why is it such a big draw? They can live experiences that they never would be able to in real life. There is also the teamwork (community) aspect of playing games together. Also, it's one of the only "fiction" things you can do and say "I did this." You can't say that about reading a book or watching a movie. Good or bad, they are teaching a generation. How do video games affect you and what will your response be?

No comments: