Tuesday, July 12, 2011

time

I'm currently reading 3 books, one of which is Steven Furtick's, "Sun Stand Still." He makes a quote that has stuck with me. He says "Time can talk you out of your dreams."
How many times have we felt God speak very clearly to us, but fail to act quickly. The longer we wait to act, the more unclear and less urgent that the need becomes. Many times there are several smaller steps of preparation that lead up to fulfilling our life's Call or mission. A couple of initial questions would be:
1. What do I need to do to prepare for what God is calling me to?
2. What is the first step to being living in obedience toward fulfilling that Call from God?

Again, I think the key is action in the right direction. Obedience is the key. God may say to wait, and if He does we better obey. Most of the time though, He says "go".....and we choose to stay.

No comments: