Wednesday, April 6, 2011

measure

Measure what matters.
I know I spend a lot of time on things that don't matter. Other times, I may think I am doing well, but many times won't do the hard work of measuring how I'm doing. What would happen though, if we measured what really matters? This means going through the hard work of figuring out what we value and what is really important in life, then figuring out ways to measure it. Once we have this done, we now have a scoreboard for deciphering how we are doing.
An example would be church. Most pastors look at only attendance and offering, but that only gives a piece of the picture. We want to look at how many salvations, baptisms, how many people in small groups, how many give financially and how many are actively serving. These things are what matter most to us because they all tie in to spiritual growth.

No comments: