Wednesday, December 1, 2010

sympathy

I shot a half racked (would have been an 8pt) buck on Monday morning back in my old stomping grounds in St. Clairsville Ohio. I'm taking 12 other guys from my church this weekend to hunt in Waverly Ohio. We got a cabin in a state park and we will have a blast no doubt.

Anyway, I read a quote that made me think this morning. It said, "divine sympathy without action is worthless." I feel one of the problems with Christians in the U.S. (and I lump myself in this), is that we see something or hear about some evil in the world and we feel moved emotionally. The problem is, that is as far as it really goes. Yes, we may even talk to others about it, then we both shake our heads, but never do anything about it. What good is it if we never ACT. I want to put some action to my sympathy, because pity without remedy is a tragedy.

No comments: