Tuesday, December 14, 2010

sir

I played basketball at a church nearby that uses it as an outreach to guys in the community. I had a couple firsts last night. I was playing with all younger guys who play a lot of ball. A couple times during the night, I had guys call me "sir." I have never been called sir and suddenly realized I was the oldest guy by 10 years on the court. Then, when another other team was choosing who to guard, I was referred to as "the white man." I got a good laugh out of both. I don't think they have ever played with a guy who smiles, introduces himself to the guy he's guarding and even compliments the other team on a good play. Just for the record, the games last 8 minutes and the winning team stays, we played 6 in a row. Not too bad for an old white man!

No comments: