Monday, August 16, 2010

offensive prayer

Today while reading and praying, I was convicted about my prayers. How much of my prayers are defensive and reactive compared to how many are offensive and proactive? Not to say that praying for needs or current issues is wrong, but it shouldn't be all that I pray. I want to pray things into existence. I want move heaven with faith for things that are God's Will but have not happened yet. I want to play offense for the Kingdom of God and push back the darkness. How much of your prayer life is offensive rather than defensive?

1 comment:

izzy volau said...

this thought just came across my mind while driving to work this morning. just adding another strategy to my prayer tool. knowing that the "devil comes to steal, kill and destroy", we need to block that and "call into existence the things that are not, as though they were"