Thursday, July 8, 2010

good to be home

Gary and I had a good trip to DC for a couple of days to connect with other church planters from across the country. I got the chance to run around the Washington Monument yesterday! It was a beautiful morning.
There was a questions that Mark Batterson posed that I really liked. He said, "Is your vision greater than your resources?"
I think too many times we allow our circumstances and situations to define the size of our dreams for the future. We look at what we have and see how far we are off of what we want something to be. The problem is because we have "something" and that "something" becomes our focus. We would probably be better off having "nothing," because then we have "nothing" but God to look to.

My prayer is that I won't allow limited resources to hinder the vision that God is placing in my heart. Because where He gives the vision, He also gives the provision.

No comments: