Wednesday, February 17, 2010

the dream lives on

Tonight, Gary and I had a meeting at a place called "Rule 3." Rule 3 is a really sharp restaurant/bowling alley/wii rooms/ and video arcade all in one. It was created for families and it is a great asset to our community. The owner, who I knew casually, passed away 5 days ago in a tragic car accident. We pray for his wife and 4 young children that he left behind.
I spent some time reflecting on his life as short as it was. Tonight at Rule 3, I looked around and saw the place close to full, taking part of his dream. Although he passed from this Earth, his dream and vision is still alive and will continue to live long after him and affect peoples lives.

I want to live my life in such a way that my life's influence will point people to Jesus long after I am gone.

No comments: