Friday, July 31, 2009

infrastructure

When I look in the mirror I see a very "slender" (not skinny...lol) individual. Although I am 6'3'' in height, looking at my skeletal structure, it's easy to see that I was not meant to carry a lot of weight around. If I were to gain 100lbs of muscle or fat, my frame could not carry it.
Looking at C3 and where we are heading very quickly with our new building going up, we could realistically double in a matter of weeks when the doors are open. If our infrastructure can't handle all the weight of new people through community groups, assimilation to get involved, feeling cared for, etc, we will crumble. Thus the reason for staffing not for where we are, but for where we are going.
I think it's crazy how we as church leaders pray for MORE, but aren't in the place to be good stewards if God were to come through. Rather, we should be like the widow in the Bible who rounded up as many containers as she could to be filled with oil, THEN GOD FILLED ALL SHE HAD PREPARED. What are you preparing for God to fill?

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

thanks for the challenge...you are so right

Andy Warren said...

good vision bro - i love it!