Wednesday, March 9, 2016

winners gotta win

I got a letter from a missionary friend of mine today.  As I read of all the amazing things God is doing through his life, I couldn't help but think of one of the first time I got to connect with him.  It was at a youth camp I was running and he, as a new Youth Pastor was serving as a camp counselor and team leader.  I turned to another of the camp staff and said, "that guy is winner."  Here is how I define winners:
- They will somehow find a way to come out on top.  They think outside the box and will never settle for making excuses.  When they do get beat, that is never the end.  Cause they will learn from it and will become that much better next time.  Winners are always pushing, always striving to learn and grow.  They are humble enough to be teachable whether by others or their own mistakes.  Yet they are confident enough to believe they can win.  You can never count a winner out, cause they will will never give up.  Winners are tenacious and not easily discouraged or broken.  Winning doesn't always come down to who has the most talent, but rather who has the most heart.
Are you a winner?

No comments: