Tuesday, June 10, 2014

52 miles

This past Saturday I ran the Buckeye Buster 50 miler in the Salt Fork State Park.  I have to admit it was one of the toughest physical challenges I have ever faced.  The hills were constant and incredibly steep, which crushed my thighs.  At mile 30, I had to fight the questions going on in my head as I am taking evaluation of how I feel, how much I have left in my tank and how far I still have to go.  But, I chose to continue to push through.  I have learned that when you think you have hit your limit, you can go several times farther.  The human will can drive the body to do incredible things.  With every test, I feel that I have grown stronger.  That when my metal was tested, I was able to pass the test.  I had a lot of alone time with Jesus while I was suffering.  I find that in those moments, I am more broken and humble before God and I am able to connect with Him on a different level.  I know that I can do All things through Christ who gives me strength.

No comments: