Wednesday, April 16, 2014

trust your training

Currently, I am training for a 100 mile running race in August of this year.  The thought of running 100 miles can be overwhelming and can bring a lot of doubts.  When I have those moments, I always revert back to having to "trust my training."  In other words, I have done what the training required in order to put myself in the greatest opportunity to accomplish my goal.  This is not saying that it is going to be easy, but that I am equipped as much as possible to win this battle of mind and body.
There is a parallel spiritually here as well.  When we go through the dry spiritual times that we are all bound to face, we have to stick with our spiritual disciplines.  We will eventually get through this, but we have to keep feeding our souls even we don't "feel" hungry.   We have to trust our spiritual training...and more importantly..or TRAINER...the Holy Spirit.

No comments: